Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOL...doing the right thing. Is stringing along the 2020 seniors who played several summers of the underclass tournament, helping to make it an elite event, hoping to be selected for the Senior Game doing the right thing? Under Armour announced cancellation of the games on June 1st yet here we are almost August 1st and no mention of that on the UA lax website. Meanwhile, CSE postpones the NY tryouts and in a heartbeat has an all new regional format with dates and locations posted on the website. Mysteriously, it wasn't until all the other regions had tryouts that this was announced, although clearly they had it in their back pocket long enough to make arrangements. Why be honest and transparent when there is more money to be made?? Parents and players are just along for the ride but hopefully will at least get some film for coaches to see. Still I think most coaches will proceed cautiously until they can watch players in person and film will only go so far.

Chill out. The kids that made the UA Senior Team have been informed. IL and Corrigan are planning something special to announce it publicly since there isn't a game. I'm not going to ruin the surprise on what they are planning but they are doing their best to make it memorable for them. We get enough conspiracy theories in the news everyday without making up nonsense about HS lacrosse.

Fact: Under Armour announced cancellation of the Senior Lax Games on June 1st
Fact: CSE to this day has stated nothing publicly about it and never updated their website to acknowledge cancellation or say something else was in the works
Fact: The NY tryouts were not called off until after all the other regional tryouts took place
Fact: A new regional format was announced and posted on their website right away

I'm glad to hear they are doing something to honor the seniors. Seems weird it's so secretive when in the past they publicly made such a big deal promoting it. Notifications must be a recent development because some players we know who would seem to be automatic choices didn't know anything a few days ago.

Please tell us the “automatic” choices . UA senior AA is ultra competitive . Way more competitive than US lacrosse AA ( first team not the other nonsense) and how many seniors on LI have that award . In the end probably 5-7 LI players will receive the honor and there are really only 1-2 automatics and I doubt you know them both .[/quote]

You seem like a real pleasure to be around with your nasty, elitist tone. The previous poster made a valid point about the UA AAs not being promoted. This years process does seem to be secretive to me also, kind of like the way they've been jerking everyone a round the whole time, They should have done the responsible thing and cancel this event long ago. Oh, and my older kid was a UA AA, so I know how it works![/quote]

How was it less secretive in the past in regard to senior AA other than they are going to announce them later than normal .Talk about a pleasure to be around you obviously could not help yourself in mentioning your kids accolade which is probably something you “ mention” as much as you can. Hey Einstein we are in the middle of a world wide pandemic with every state adjusting their rules in regard to travel daily so yes UA is changing things on the fly . Your answer is to just not even try and cancel the whole thing ,as if that’s so much better . My point was it is very rare that anyone is an automatic when making the Senior UA team , you are obviously one of those parents who belittle the kids that earn these awards because you know better just like the poster who knows these players who are obvious automatic picks.[/quote]

Later than usual??? The kids are headed to college next week! The announcement should have been made in May. It’s not like they were able to use their accolades from spring sports which normally is a substantial factor in picking the team. No reason to wait this long...nobody even cares anymore, especially since there’s no game to play. Lost year, let it go!