Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious, and this is for all the Pro-Lax, Lax-is-life'rs: Why are you so hellbent on having tournaments in lieu of what is occurring right now? What is the actual upside?

To be honest, it is a difficult situation. While I agree that these things must be approached with caution, I did experience the impact that cancelled school and spring season had mentally on my son. Once practices started, his disposition was noticeably different. I know that the virus is real, but the mental toll on these kids could be much worse in the long run. I am not advocating either way, just trying to shed some light on why parents might want to seek out a bit of normalcy for their kids. Frankly, I think that small local play days would be the best option, but hard to convince clubs to simply play their rivals from down the road.

Kids feed of their parents. Show your kid how to fill the void with something else constructive which is beneficial and joyful. Life lessons don't run, capitalize off of them...

I don't necessarily disagree, but as kids get older, they start to form their own views on life, and it is hard to change those views. The irony is that we want our kids to grow up and start to make their own decisions based upon the (hopefully positive) influences that we have provided. Bottom line, while some people see this as an easy decision (either way), there are those of us that are very conflicted over the situation. Again, not trying to suggest that either choice is right or wrong, and definitely not looking for any life advice from some anonymous person on this forum, just trying to answer the question as to what is the "actual upside", as asked by the original poster.