Originally Posted by Anonymous
How would a credit work for a rising senior?? Or a kid that decides lax is not for them??

Just saw an interesting and honest approach from a smaller city club. They contacted all participants and laid out 3 options

1- Donate the summer fee to the program. Tax deduction with receipt being provided
2- Roll over tuition to Fall 2020
3- Please refund me the tuition.

I like our club directors and understand the challenging situation they are in. Theyve done well communicating and trying to get something done. I would take option 2 but would consider option1.

Donate to the club? That's hysterical!!
I get they will provide the tax deduction receipt, but the fact that they listed that as option #1 is ridiculous.

I don't expect any plan to materialize until tournament dates have passed by, then the rescheduled dates have also passed by. I have reached out to my club director, not asking for a refund, but an honest question; "What happens if the season is lost?"
The answer wasn't any different than what I figured it would be "We're looking at a few different options, but our preference will be to find a way to get the teams back on the field for something meaningful. If that can't happen, we'll finalize out plans."

Probably have about 6 or 7 weeks before any answers are known

How do you make a donation to a FOR PROFIT organization? I'm not a CPA but......this must be a joke!