Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dude stop with the what if’s already. Just have your kids play their age. That’s the answer. No need to ask these questions anymore. Tell your wife, he will he ok playing kids his age. Enjoy your summer.

What if by the time my son is a freshman in high school no one cares about holdback anymore?

People will say Lax is a physical sport so my suggestion wont work however here is the answer and if people cant accept a couple of years playing together then you don't understand sports and want to live in your bubble and NOTHING will make u happy. In swimming, which is the sport I did growing up on a national level and in college in Division 1 age groups are 8 and under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, Open (meaning 15 and up), but sometimes 15-16 and then 17 up. From experience the boys and girls who just aged up will generally be smaller and towards the bottom of their age group and then when they mature over the course of 2 years they become dominant. Then again when they age up to another age group the cycle repeats. Swimming could do every year but they don't. Many people will say this wont work bc the older kids will take the spots bc they are bigger/stronger but this will be age based. There are a litany of other reasons people will complain but the fact that middle school is generally 7th and 8th and JV is generally 9th and 10th and varsity is generally 11th and 12th (yes I know there are exceptions but children playing against older or bigger and stronger happens ALL THE TIME. If the fear is it cant be done under 7th grade than have year based lax for the younger years and then in 7th make it every cpl years. This will solve the problems bc it will be AGE based not GRADE BUT I am sure you will still have parents complaining. Anyway, just my thoughts and for the record I have no issue with holdbacks and no my child is not one.