Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone is clamoring to get back to youth lacrosse and professional sports aren't even playing right now. Professional athletes will be tested on a daily basis and no fans will be at the games yet people are signing waivers without clubs addressing the safety measures they are putting in place. Are players and parents going to be tested at practice and tournaments, at least a temperature check? Are tournaments going to allow fans, if so, how many? Have clubs been in touch with the hotels in the area of the tournaments to see what safety measures they have in place? US Lacrosse just released their return to play guidelines and people from different states can't not play each other until stage 5 and a club can not operate in large groups locally until stage 4 - which only allows groups of 50 people or less (outdoors, only up to 10 people indoors). It also matters what state guidelines are in place. Also, if you are not 2021-2024 why are you exposing yourself to any tournaments this summer, does it really matter. Get you kid some training and link up with your pal teams for some small group stuff. Exposing your whole family to have 8-12 year old's play tournaments that don't mean anything is insane to me.

THANKYOU!! PERFECTLY STATED. Hopefully enough people realize that traveling to play in a pointless tournament makes no sense. Stay local, train, maybe some scrimmages against other local clubs that should be the max. While I would like some kind of credit or refund, I'd be ok with just saving hotel and travel costs