Originally Posted by Anonymous
You keep going on and on about holdbacks when all I wanted to say was congratulations to the Class of 2020 at Chaminade. There are some VERY good players on the team and it is really too bad they lost their season. There was a lot of great stuff on the schedule for the boys and it would have been a lot of fun. Best of luck to everyone next year in college....I hope you crush it.

The majority will never be heard from again. This was their last chance for some meaningful playing time. Sad after spending all that money, but unfortunately those are the facts.

I was curious so I went to the inside lacrosse website to see what it said about the 2020 lacrosse class and those playing in college. For whats its worth Chaminade has 19 players mentioned graduating and at least 13 of them are playing in college. Clearly more than just the starting team. The colleges that these boys are going to are excellent for the most part. Yale (x2), Holy Cross, Michigan, Navy , DeSales, Tufts, Washington & Lee, Denver, High Point, Army and Furman (will invariably go somewhere). I am sure some of the other boys who don't have colleges next to their names are doing great things as well as some of the colleges they are going to are USMMA, Boston College, U Albany, Cal Berkley.

Whether or not "the majority will never be heard from again" on the field - WHO CARES. Chaminade appears to have done right by these boys via education and lacrosse. For the record I have no dog in this fight as my son doesn't go to Chaminade nor will he I was just bored and was curious. I just find the consistent negativity humorous. If the boys at Yale, Tufts, Navy, Army, etc . .are "never heard from again" on the lacrosse pitch I am sure they will do OK in life. Lets look for ways to prop up our youth and whether or not they go D1, D2 or D3 , start varsity, ride the bench and/or never play lax again it would appear that getting a good education and playing a game they hopefully loved in HS did well by them. Just my mini rant (although I would hardly classify the above as a rant) for the day. Lets let positivity rue the day. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stays safe.

You forgot the 2020 middies going to Notre Dame, Fairfield and Scranton.