Originally Posted by Anonymous

Yes, But for a few years that Double/Single Holdback was King of the Hill ! Running over those younger players in youth , being the oldest player on his High School team, and then finally playing a niche sport where the most fans you get in college may be the parents and 50-60 fans if you are lucky. As you graduate with that Communication degree, the world is yours! Yep, it was worth it .

And to continue the story your son, who rode the bench in high school, goes to some liberal arts D3 college in the NE that costs you $60k per year so he continue to ride the pine in the same niche sport and gets a similarly watered down degree. The world is his! Yep it was all worth it.....

Come on man, can you please stop? Your story and the one I added to it are both incredibly insulting and obtuse. How about the kids have a memorable youth, go to a great college of their choosing based upon their academic and extra-curricular activities, are blessed to play a sport they have passion for at a level they aspire to play, get the benefit of caring coaches and committed teachers, create many long term friendships, earn a valuable degree and become productive members of the community? This indeed happens for student athletes who graduate h/s at 17, 18 and 19. My son experienced this outcome, employees of mine have experienced this outcome and many friends of mine have experienced this outcome. Can you please all stop flinging mud at each other on this decisive topic??

Do you and your buddies all sit around the water cooler and talk about your glory days of running over other children that were one to two years younger in your youth?. I bet that is some fun conversations !