Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw that UA tryout dates are starting to be announced, and the tournament date has been announced for early August, which is great news!! Just one thing I thought was odd. How is Thorn aloud to be a coach, and be involved in picking the team when her daughter will be most likely trying ou? Isn't that an obvious conflict of interest?

You want things to be fair with zero nepotism?!?!?! What world are you living in?
Look at that list of coaches. Thorn isn't the only one with a conflict of interest

the team isnt chosen by the coaches. UA/CSE has reps there that overlook the process. Usually anywhere from 8-12 evaluators that grades the girls after each scrimmage/game. Girls are broken into teams and let just let them play All the evaluators go into a room to go over the grades and come back and announce the top 40 or so for the call back game. I am not a fool, there is always some politics involved and YJ coach will have power to choose the bottom few spots.
Levy who is legacy was the head coach last summer for Command and the team was basically all YJ and TG. If the girl dominates and shows she is a top 10 player at the tryout, she will make the team.

I heard UA is still on. does anyone have any details on Long Island tryout? When and where? How many kids they expect to tryout this year?

Other areas have announced dates, ours will most likely be late July

There was a whisper that virtual tryout via highlight tapes could be part of selection process for some teams. I sure hope UA doest go that route. Doesn’t sound logical since some girls improved so much since last year or since the film they have on themselves. A team like UA needs a tryout to see what girls rise to the occasion.