Stop already. It isn’t some complex, high tech thing to figure out. It’s a business. The goal of every business is to make money. That comes before anything else. Money, money, money. Your kid getting better in lacrosse is nice, but not nearly as important to the club as profits. Your son met nice new friends, that’s great, but to the club that means little as compared to profits. You lost your job, see if the club carries you for free next year, not happening. Maybe some 12 month payment plan will be applied, not free. If a club has 25 kids on a team paying 4000 bucks each. That’s 100 grand a team. 1 team per grade is 10 teams, that’s 1 millon bucks. Some clubs have 2 or 3 teams per grade, that’s 2 to 3 million bucks. Let’s use the 1 team per grade example. 1 million bucks coming in.

The money going out:
2 paid coaches per team. I’ll say 150 to 200 grand for the 10 teams.
Tournaments:let’s say 7 tournaments 1000 each, 10 teams 70 grand.
Uniforms: 100 per kid, 250 kids, 25 grand
Field permits/insurance: I’ll say 100 grand

In reality a club with 25 kids per team, 1 team per grade is making about 600 grand profit.
2 teams per grade 1.2 million profit.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with making profits. My business makes a nice profit too. That’s why people go to work, that’s why people start businesses, to make as much money as they can for their families. I just think that this particular year, with this horrific situation, a good portion of those profits need to be returned to the customers. This without question should be done. I’ve been in business a long time, I truly believe doing the right thing now, will actually reward those clubs with business later.