Originally Posted by Anonymous
Committed 21's, are you hearing anything from your college coaches about relief with regard to standardized testing?

It is all up in the air, and will be dependent on what the individual admissions departments do in regards to new policies for regular admissions, the colleges will have some big decisions to make at institutional levels and it will trickle down to athletics admissions after that. If your daughter is committed have her discuss this with her coach (most coaches have been contacting their commits in the last month or so during this crisis). If she isn't committed look into the regular admission policy changes at the schools she is interested in, and use that to guide you. Best of luck!

Just curious if anyone has had their daughter's coach contact them yet with specific information regarding their scholarship offer or status. My daughter is committed to a D1 school, but other than a "hope you're staying safe" text, we've heard nothing concrete and aren't really sure if we are supposed to.

My daughter got a call from her coach and had a lengthy conversation. The coach has expressed some concern because the PAC-10 is discussing adopting a policy that will likely hurt several programs in the conference including hers and possibly put them on the chopping block. She also said she has seen many of the seniors with the extra year, seek transfers, and almost all are looking to transfer out of the conference based on this situation. I have seen one big name PAC 10 player transfer to a "safe" team.

The coach told her if nothing changes the offer remains, but she also told her that she should make sure she is registered and going to recruiting tournaments with her travel team just in case.

What is the PAC 10??? If your daughter was committed you would know it’s PAC 12! Stirring garbage!

Do you think it's over for 2021?