Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone knows that’s true. It’s simple logic. My 4th grade son is a good lacrosse player and a good soccer player. He is good, not great. Now if I tell my wife let’s hold him back a year,he will be great going against kids a year younger in lacrosse. She would think I’m crazy for suggesting something so notIntelligent, plus my son, who is a good student would be devastated. However as notIntelligent as that does sound, the fact is he would go from being a good 4th grade player, to next year being a great 4th grade player. At the end of the day, I also know this is so notIntelligent, so I wouldn’t even consider it. If he goes through his youth years being a good player and enjoys it, good for my son. If he becomes great, with practice, hard work and ability. Awesome. Kids who become great because mom and dad, decide to hold him back. Not so awesome. I’d use the word pathetic.

I totally agree with you. In the long run, parents do what they feel is best for their kid. I'll tell you what, the few parents on my kids H.S. team who held their kid back. once they get on their soap box I turn around and walk away.