Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Is NCAA granting eligibility to the senior or to all classes affected this year? I understood and hope, it’s just to seniors. Many underclassmen never see the field in the first place.

In response to the cancellation of collegiate spring sports due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA Division I Council Committee has recommended that eligibility relief be provided to all student-athletes who participate in spring sports.[/quote

The NCAA and their liberal leadership get it wrong again. Let it play out before making any emotional and irrational decisions.

The NCAA decision sounds personal to you. Not sure why giving these men another year is an issue. They played 5 games. Get a grip.

My issue is that the incoming 2020 class this fall will get the shaft. They also lost a season this spring but there’s really on way to replace that and grant them an extra year of high school eligibility. And then they arrive in the fall only to be a second freshman class on a college team. The NCAA robbed Peter to pay Paul.

There is no question that the incoming 2020 class get shafted with another Freshman class (really sophomores) to contend with for next four years. They also have a Senior class that will stay with a bunch of transfers coming in from all over. It will be a mess.

The 2021 are in same boat with having to contend with 4 classes of college students along with their own. Many will not get any money as it will go to the 4 classes above who are already proven . Sorry 2021 except to players with firm commitments, which NONE are signed at this time, so even some of those may change.

2022 are really in bad shape. They have ZERO commitments and College coaches will only give money and spots to top top players. Rest of 2022 Sorry, we have 4 classes already above you and they are proven players along with a few transfers. many have already reclassed, PG here we come.

Listen to Jamie Munro and Ty Xanders discuss the situation on Jamie's podcast. Many good points. They think it will be a big fat mess for 4 years. Also think PG will explode and 2021 and 2022 will get shafted.