Originally Posted by Anonymous
I come from a family of six born and raised in Brooklyn. Newirk and Flatbush,take a ride by that place.I was very good in all 3 major sports but had to quit and get a job to help out the family.worked two jobs in college, two jobs to pay for my wedding, three jobs to get a down payment for my house on long Island.I have four kids and a stay home wife, one kid going to college next year.My kids are very good in lacrosse but I am the Urban guy I can't afford it. What do I do have them quit like I did give up there dream of playing college D1.No I ask for no help go out and get a side job and work my [lacrosse] off.Yes I am sick and tired of hearing about people that do nothing to help them selves and their families.But they still think they deserve something. Like the great Mike Moran said after 9/11 kiss my irish bleep.

I agree, don't minorities already get race based scholarships?
Maybe we should have racial quotas for basketball. I also worked my way through my undergraduate and post graduate programs. My advice is to move to a place where grass grows.

I have NEVER been called progressive, or forward thinking, but are you people actually saying that inner city black kids should be kept out of lacrosse so that suburban white kids can remain dominant and have the scholarship money to themselves?...WOW!!! Thanks you guys make me feel really good about myself.

The reality is once the game is exposed to inner city kids with quality coaching in a matter of 5 years many of the scholarship offers will start to get spread out to all ethnic backgrounds . That is what all of you are scared of