Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I come from a family of six born and raised in Brooklyn. Newirk and Flatbush,take a ride by that place.I was very good in all 3 major sports but had to quit and get a job to help out the family.worked two jobs in college, two jobs to pay for my wedding, three jobs to get a down payment for my house on long Island.I have four kids and a stay home wife, one kid going to college next year.My kids are very good in lacrosse but I am the Urban guy I can't afford it. What do I do have them quit like I did give up there dream of playing college D1.No I ask for no help go out and get a side job and work my [lacrosse] off.Yes I am sick and tired of hearing about people that do nothing to help them selves and their families.But they still think they deserve something. Like the great Mike Moran said after 9/11 kiss my irish bleep.

I agree, don't minorities already get race based scholarships?
Maybe we should have racial quotas for basketball. I also worked my way through my undergraduate and post graduate programs. My advice is to move to a place where grass grows.

Great, educated and clueless....