Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nope. No shortcomings, no jealousy. All about the ride. That's why I detest to see it spoiled by the machine that it has become. There is more to a return than money. I know all about the college landscape. You keep clawing and grasping your kid's way to the top, though, so you can brag to your dad friends. I mean, your kid can "enjoy" his ride. Good luck with that.

I can understand your angst for the pressure cooker and higher standards that are being brought to bare on these young men, but I'm sure some dad was thinking the same thing 20 years ago. It's evolution and there is nothing you can do to stop it. You either get with the program or get left by the wayside. The boys don't know the difference as you see it, they are just living it in the now. At the top of this sport, nobody's mommy or daddy can "will it to happen" or force their kid to do it. These boys are competitive, have incredible work ethics and take pride in the fact that they play in one of the best conferences in the country. Just because your kid doesn't have that will or drive doesn't mean others don't. Again, you're making excuses because you're angry with today's landscape and the fact that your kid just can't compete at that level.

I am with you. I am hoping for St Frances model ( former Gilman model) . Bigger and more athletic players from all over country with a sprinkling of local role players. It is evolution as you say. Your super star incredible work ethic player will have no problem with that just like he didnt with playing St Frances.