Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question for the group. Watched the SB v Cuse game last night. Both teams are soooo aggressive. Do you think this is a result of having male coaches? Both of these coaches seem to embrace the aggressive clear/fast break, the behind the back shots, ect. It was a fun game to watch.

Before everyone gets on me about men coaches being aggressive, I do understand that there are women coaches that are aggressive also....UF, MD, NW, ect. Just thought about it since both teams last night had men coaches and both teams played with a similar style.

IMHO: The stronger teams play a more aggressive style of lacrosse due to their athleticism. I do not think it is due to having a male coach. The top programs recruit speed. With the exception of the prolific goal scorer coaches want athletes who can move. In this day and age everybody can throw and catch but you will not compete with the top programs if you do not have adequate team speed. The top programs play at a faster pace.

Also, It looks like most of the stronger teams play more competitive schedules and they have to be more aggressive in order to keep pace. Simply put, the better teams play a faster, more intense, more aggressive game.