Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am sure the "cheaters" will turn out just fine. When the "cheaters" go to Duke, UVA, Yale, Cornell etc . . .and graduate with a degree from one of those schools they will turn out just fine. When they have a degree from one of the schools mentioned and go on to great things in life I am sure they will be just fine. Although one day at the 25 year class reunion they may be 8 months older than some of their peers. Oh my goodness they should realize the ramifications of their decision and stop!

And no this isn't the father of a kid who reclassified. Just dealing with facts. By way of example I know a boy who just reclassified and he is May 2004 and a repeat freshman. He is an excellent player on grade but now as an reclass will be recruited probably by every school in the country. This boy will turn 19 the same month he graduates (private school). My son who didn't reclassify is a August birthday and will graduate at 18 but IS ONLY 4 MONTHS OLDER! So seriously if the best kids cant play with kids 8-14 months within their own age then they cant play at D1 anyway. Just my 2 cents.

So you Son who is an August Birthday will graduate at 18? In NY he is a hold back, my son is also an August Birthday. He will be 17 at graduation. Also you said it perfect, " if the best kids cant play with kids 8-14 months with in their age they cant play D-1" So why repeat a grade. If your good your good you do not need to repeat and re-classify. But If you know your average well then do what you have to do. it all evens out in college. I hope your son and his friend enjoy the extra year of HS.

quote=Anonymous]
I am sure the "cheaters" will turn out just fine. When the "cheaters" go to Duke, UVA, Yale, Cornell etc . . .and graduate with a degree from one of those schools they will turn out just fine. When they have a degree from one of the schools mentioned and go on to great things in life I am sure they will be just fine. Although one day at the 25 year class reunion they may be 8 months older than some of their peers. Oh my goodness they should realize the ramifications of their decision and stop!

And no this isn't the father of a kid who reclassified. Just dealing with facts. By way of example I know a boy who just reclassified and he is May 2004 and a repeat freshman. He is an excellent player on grade but now as an reclass will be recruited probably by every school in the country. This boy will turn 19 the same month he graduates (private school). My son who didn't reclassify is a August birthday and will graduate at 18 but IS ONLY 4 MONTHS OLDER! So seriously if the best kids cant play with kids 8-14 months within their own age then they cant play at D1 anyway. Just my 2 cents.

So you Son who is an August Birthday will graduate at 18? In NY he is a hold back, my son is also an August Birthday. He will be 17 at graduation. Also you said it perfect, " if the best kids cant play with kids 8-14 months with in their age they cant play D-1" So why repeat a grade. If your good your good you do not need to repeat and re-classify. But If you know your average well then do what you have to do. it all evens out in college. I hope your son and his friend enjoy the extra year of HS.
[/quote]
Any kid who turns 18 and graduates is appropriately aged in NY State. My son turns 18 in April and is graduating and is not a hold back