Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Better coach at lbc? That’s funny. The director is the reason all left. Bad tournies. Bad attitude. People are happier I’m sure.

Director or director’s wife? She can be a “pill” but the dude has his player’s best interest in mind. The MDU 2024 head coach is a “laughing stock” at St. Mary’s. Her 2018 East team was so talented and completely was out coached at every tournament. You need to do your homework. All will come out in the wash. Hey but those girls get to cross the bridge for practice now so that will be good quality time spent in the car.

Agree re MDU 24 coach at St Mary's . Had experience personally myself as a 2018 parent. I have a younger daughter too who was not on LBC but very aware of the circumstances due to a good friend. The LBC girls who left for MDU will understand their bad move eventually. This I promise. I have been through the process before and knowledgeable of the Annapolis area politics too. The LBC to MDU move was orchestrated by particular helicopter parents who wanted to control everything themselves for both of their daughters. Their 24 daughter was happy with her team so they decided to take the whole team with them so their younger daughter wasn't penalized because of what they thought was best for their 23 daughter. They thought that spending a lot of money with LBC over the years allowed them to have more control than the other parents. These same parents also organized private practices/workouts at their own home and excluded other girls on the team. Talk about creating drama, etc.. Not good role models for building a "Team" culture. MDU will just use them for their generosity I promise and don't be surprised if one or more of these girls are eventually moved to the West team. I have seen it happen too many times in the past with MDU. Don't know the LBC director or his wife but they have always had nice parents, coaches and talented girls when my younger daughter played against them. Sad to see what helicopter parents can do to a team! I felt the need to share this detailed info because I just couldn't believe a small group of parents (especially the 2 who organized it) would decimate an entire team for their own daughter's benefit. It was disgusting and a new low IMHO.