Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is simple, 'Parity' or to at least attempt to have Parity. Sounds funny when it comes from the NLF because they are notorious for excluding entire Clubs from their events. NLF was the top tier and then UA,Warrior and Showtime slowly started to grow and surpass them. Bitterness also plays a major factor because it is well known and very true that UA has the worst and dishonest selection process for picking a team. Year after Year in every region there is a major bias from local lacrosse leaders and coaches for certain players to make or not make the team. Baltimore and Dc this year is a good example. Look at the coaching staffs and all the evaluators then look at each roster and see how many players are directly tied to them. NLF is simply trying to get back at the top of the club tournament and recruiting showcases. UA is so big now it will be hard to compete but there is a ton of players that get passed up and these tryouts that the market is there to try.
Not to mention the amount of money lost and the amount to be made!

This post is hilarious.

Fact check: Yes the UA selection process is flawed and biased but the last time I checked the DC and Baltimore teams (boys) were in the Highlight finals and the DC Command team won the whole thing. The Crabs had numerous kids on both teams? I would posit, Crabs kids had a big leg up in trying out for both of these UA markets.

Recruiting tournament landscape: Yes, Warrior and Showtime have surpassed the NLF event in relevancy but unless NLF opens up their ranks and allows open participation, they will never be more than a niche event. I believe its all about the Benjamins. If you give up your day job and count on Club Lax to pay the bills and simultaneously lose some of your relevancy you have a tendency to lash out at your perceived persecutors. Parents who fall for this "Elmer Gantry" bombastic proclamations and threats need to have their heads examined. If your kid is good enough, the King Crab needs you much more than you need him.

Warrior and Showtime have passed NLF events, hopefully you are joking ! They are different and arent even close. . The NLF championship alone draws just about every coach in D1, Teams from all over country with crazy good players,

Maybe you need to make an NLF team and see what competition is like and who is out there recruiting before spouting off.

I've been to the NLF, Showtime and UA events and my boys have played in them all. When the events didn't conflict, of course almost every D1 coach was there: so what. The coaches go to the best event available, period. My point is the best kids in the NLF made the UA and Showtime showcases plus the best kids (somewhat more open process) who weren't part of the NLF. If there's a conflict between the UA and NLF championship teams this year, let's see which event has more D1 HCs with teams ranked in the top 20.