Originally Posted by Anonymous
A few additional stream of consciousness comments / observations / opinions:
- by my count, approx 150 girls have committed so far, 100+ "top" girls, and 40-50 that clearly knew early where they wanted to go
- the other place to follow commits, not previously mentioned above is sportsrecruits.com/committed (have to sort through all sports)
- i've noticed not all clubs post on website / twitter, for ex. - Capital and Skywalkers seem hard to track?
- my daughter committed earlier this week, and it was a bit of a roller coaster! 35 - 40 schools contacted her on 9/1. Of the top 15 (her list) that we expected going in, 12 reached out, 3 disappeared surprisingly, 3 top schools reached out out of the blue, and then 25 or so reached out that were further down her list. based on this she was pretty honest with the coaches about where they were on her list, and most were pretty good about same. Only 2 schools played out much differently than we expected.
- if a school has you in one of their top groups, they don't need to see you play again, and if you've been there previously, you don't really need to go again either
- regarding expanding your net - I would have the club coach reach out to the schools, perhaps they previously thought / were led to believe your daughter was focused on higher end lacrosse / higher academic, whatever. it won't matter, if they are interested, they won't worry about the why.
- I believe there are still at least 40 - 50 girls with high end offers in hand deciding this week and next, so this seems like the top 30 schools will be actively filling their spots up until the Nov tournaments
- really interesting to see the handful of top programs / names that are either going really slow or not getting any of their top targets ... (names withheld to protect the innocent wink

PS - I thought the MD data was interesting!

Huge congrats to your daughter! Sounds like the top 30 schools won't have any room left for girls on the 2nd tier and below?