Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If the new 5 holdback rule is true, Madlax will stop going to NLF. There is no way they will be able to compete. If you go down their roster of 29, I see at least 13 kids with birthdays before 9/1/2005. It would knock out four of their starting offense (leaving just the owners kids) and two of their starting close. It could get real ugly, real fast. Unless they want to have separate rosters for NLF and non-NLF, there are as many as 8 kids that could be on the chopping block.

I believe that if you take the on age ML players and enter them in tournaments, they would do fine. There are plenty of those kids on their sidelines that are very good but never see the field. But ML wants "guaranteed" dominance at all cost.

“Guaranteed dominance”? ML holdback team beats Lowly Hawks by 2 goals. And beats a subpar LI Express team by same margin. That doesn’t meet my definition of “dominance”. And that’s their holdback team. And you’re telling me their kids that never see the field would do “fine”? Sorry parent of an on age ML player, but they would be crushed by any top 10 team. They may have a few “good” players, but that team would play in B tourneys.