Originally Posted by Anonymous
The R$SH team added some talent, included some older kids playing down, they're going to be better than most people realize at this point. Don't be surprised if they make a splash.

As for Legacy, a couple of their top players are hurt, and they may get steamrolled as a result.

Igloo and Rebels both lost some players in the offseason, but both are probably better than Legacy as of the tourney on Monday.

And as for Coach Captncrunch, let's stop pretending that his Express team is anything more than the collective result of various lacrosse parents' insecurities. Yes, they're the best team by far on Long Island and will win it all. But that's only because the parents already lost by showing their kids that the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude builds better character than loyalty to your teammates. If a bunch of parents all of a sudden decided their kids were going to play for the Rebels, the Rebels would be the best team on Long Island. It has nothing to do with Express and everything to do with the psychology of parents who live through their kids. Coach Captncrunch is a high school lacrosse coach who is the biggest thing in the world of 12 year old lacrosse in Nassau County, New York. If you think that's a big deal, you must be a junior high coach of 11 year olds.

It will defenitely be interesting to see how teams gave changed since tryouts. Although if you are telling me R$sh is playing kids down who are really a year older (especially if they are not actually in 7th grade) that is just BS. And doesnt say much for them. But I wouldnt doubt their coach would do that. (Honestly though based on scrimmages they already had, I am not so sure R$sh is going to be that great. Or it may be they need time to gel if they made a lot of player changes.)

Rebels though doesnt even come close to Igloo. Igloo steamrolled them last year. And Rebels barely beat anyone. Certainly not anyone decent. What good players would be attracted to their team?? Like really?? And as you said they lost players who were probably some of the better players. No matter what the issues with Igloo, you cant even think Rebels are on the same level as them.

This isn't really a debate about whether we agree with the CoachC team model. Most of us agree that we dont. Although I do think you underscore the great coaching all those players do get. That's true. But I dont agree with the team overloading and kids barely if ever getting to play. Its nuts parents stay if that's happening to their kid.
But either way, their is no point in discussing them as regards the tournament. We know they will win their games and it's a question of who will face them in the championship. So they are just a nondiscussion.