Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have been hearing there are a lot of girls travelling 3,4,5 weekends in a row for visits this fall including missing a day of school to be on campus for a class. Parents I know are coming back from the visits saying other prospect parents at the visits are saying the same thing. It's crushing their fall sports, school work, etc. not to mention very expensive. Anyone else experiencing this or seeing it with their daughter's teammates?

I hope they revisit the June 1 initial contact date so girls can knock most of it out over the summer through camps/tourney evaluations, at a minimum when there is no school work required. A short coming would be not being on campus when class is in session but that could be addressed with a fall visit before a commitment if that is on the critical path for family/player.

Seems like it could improve the experience while still "protecting" those handful of early commits.

The issue with 6/1, no classes are in session. Do not get to meet potential teammates, classmates, no support staff such as strength coach, nutritionist, athletic trainer, academic adviser, no faculty and no feel for the vibe of the school. Cannot attend a class, any athletic events, a practice, team lift, team meeting and I could go on and on. There is no perfect solution. We narrowed the list to 7, seeing all of them as quickly as possible, including 4 day trips when the schools were close together. Not ideal either, still trying to finish it all up and make a decision.