Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Incorrect. You say that “kids are not 1.5 to 2 years older to start.” “At most, it’s a year.” As you stated, due to the MD cut off date being 6 months earlier than NY. “Hence” you need to add 6 months to that 1 year number. So at minimum MD players are 1.5 years older than NY players. “Hence” math is not your strong suit, now is it? “Hence” more BS from this know nothing parent who doesn’t know a lacrosse stick from a broomstick. And let’s “hence” hope you don’t know when the birthdays of every child playing youth lacrosse, as you portray yourself because that’s just sick. I know it’s total BS like the rest of the garbage in your post, but just so you know, that’s not a good look for you. Question: When you and your MD brethren brag about “playing with the big boys” when the LI teams come to town, who exactly are the “big boys”? Your MD boys that play down 1.5 years or more, or the LI boys that are playing in the correct grade at the correct age, against boys that are far older. Always wondered about that. “Hence”.

Normally I try to be reasonable in my posts but since you decided to personally attack my post I will respond in kind. Complete idiocy and whining is not a great look for you. Also I have no idea and never said I know the birthdays of all or most of the kids, none of us do, but we can use our brains, knowledge of the birthdays we do know, and understanding of distribution of birthdays to come to some conclusions which is what you have done, but you have simply done it wrong.

Last time I checked the age cut off for "on age" youth lacrosse was September 1, the same as the cut off for Maryland public schools. New York in its infinite wisdom seems to have different ages for entry but most seem to be either Dec 1 or Dec 31, that is three to four months, not six months so wrong on point one. Now to get to your magic 1.5 - 2.0 years from the start every kid on a MD team would have to be born on Sep 1 and every kid on a LI team would have to have at a minimum a following year Dec birthday. Last time I checked in the US there is a roughly even distribution of birthdays which would mean on average it would be a 4 month difference. We know this is not completely accurate with delayed entry, holdbacks, etc. so let's assume that all kids in MD including holdbacks, delayed entry, etc average out to Sep 1 and all LI kids average out to Aug 31 of the following year that would be 1 year so wrong again even with ridiculously conservative assumptions. HENCE you are a stunad with absolutely no math or analytical skills. On average I would guess MD teams are 6-9 months older than LI teams. If you take a look at the entry ages on Sep 1 for high level Div I lacrosse programs kids are about 6 months older than what you would expect with roughly 70% of those kids with holdback or LI holdback birthdays. Whether you like it or not lacrosse at the highest level is played at ages that mirror MD lacrosse, not LI lacrosse.

And to reinforce the point that you are a know nothing parent who knows nothing about lacrosse, no one in MD ever talks about "playing with the big boys" as it relates to LI because no one down here cares about the LI teams any more. They have zero impact on our lacrosse. You apparently are a LI parent who longs for years past when LI was the only dominant force in lacrosse. Those days have past, wishing for a return to the days of yore is sad but at least it provides amusement for us in MD.

Keep playing down 1 to 2 years vs LI teams. It’s the only way that MD can compete with LI teams. By cheating. Look sat the history. Your kids have been playing down a grade or even two, for going on 7 years now. You never, not once, had a team play a LI team that wasnt at minimum a year older. Funny thing is, the MD older team still loses those matches the majority of the time. How shameful for you! Cheat your butts off and still lose!

One day we have to play just one game that is apples to apples. Just ONE! MD plays with a completely on age team vs a LI team. Just once! No holdbacks, guest holdbacks, double holdbacks. GASP! Can you imagine the beat down?!! It would be historic in proportion. Do score boards go to three digits, because LI would put up 100+! Now that would really be very eye opening as to the true difference between MD lacrosse and the kingdom of lacrosse, Long Island. No more comparing MD teams that are 1 to 2 years older than LI teams. Yeah. Let’s make THAT happen, cheater teams!

I would like to recommend that you pick up a book, and try to do a little reading comprehension. There are 2 types of tournaments:

A ---- Grade based tournaments
-Generally attended by most Elite teams
- Rules states that you muse be in a certain GRADE in order to play in a specific division
-The MD team register and play in GRADE based tournaments (thats it)!!!! If you have the genius 10 year old in 8th grade who love Lax, then he/she needs to play in the 2024 grade division. THAT'S the rule!!!!

B ---- Age based tournaments
- Generally attended by younger and or less skilled teams
- Rules states that you muse be born after a certain date in order to play in a specific division

So based on the option all of you LI teams should go to either tournament type A or tournament type B. Stick to it and follow the rules. There is no age requirement in tournament type A.

Make a decision go to the tournament and stick to the rules and us here in MD will make our choice and do the same.

But just remember in HS there is no (my baby is too young/small) they need to be ready to play against the other boys 2-4 years older, if they will play JV or V