Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NESCAC schools are great, but you better have top academics.....particularly for Amherst and Williams. Student athletes trying to go to these schools need better grades and test scores than similar lax players trying to go to Harvard or Yale. Coaches have less pull with Admissions at NESCACs.

exactly, and if they are that good at lax, sorry but they arent going Nescac. my point exactly.

I thought i posted last night about the boys going to yale harvard cornell and brown. they had some impressive grades, not 100% sure their standard test were stellar. No way they were trading Ivy for Nescac and if not Ivy it was Duke ND UVA or MichiganI also know there are some boys with stellar grades that opted out of the sport. Some at the SUNYs that have lacrosse. And in a few cases better than any '19 recruit

I don't think you are right when you say "if they were that good at lax, sorry they aren't going to NESCAC" and I think you are flat our wrong that a kid that has the ability to play at UVA, Yale, etc. is opting out of playing lacrosse. Sure there is the exception and I am sure you know that one kid but most kids playing high level lacrosse from an early age through HS don't want it to end. This is why some very good D1 level players opt for NESCAC or NEWMAC (MIT) instead of Ivy or ACC type schools. They still want to play but don't want the 6am workouts 5 days a week in the fall and all the intensity that goes along with that.

Like it was said earlier in this thread, at a young age every kid wants to play for Duke, Maryland, UVA, etc. but as they grow up and mature some of these kids recognize its not just about lacrosse and they want to do other things but keep playing competitive lacrosse so they opt for D3, club or that rare kid that hangs up the helmet.

This thread was not about berating SUNY schools or determining a kid was not good enough for Yale so he went to Babson. It was meant to evaluate what schools have the best combined experience of academics / lacrosse. By the way, nobody is saying that if you get a degree from SUNY you will not be as successful as someone from Harvard. It just takes significantly more effort. Personally, I don't care where you went to school. If you played lacrosse I may not hire you but I will definitely give you an opportunity in my company.