Duke
Cornell
Harvard
Amherst
Williams
Wesleyan
Tufts

Darn close

Me, sorry, going through this, now and the past 4 years,and i think Nescac's are overrated, not to mention way to much $$! My sons laughed at me, understood the academics but also the vibe/culture. Then slapped back that the resources are not even close than some schools like UVA and Michigan. (these big state schools offer way more than the limited scope of the nescac schools)

Would not:
put any Nescac over Michigan or UVA
Babson over Brown (wouldn't even put Babson over many Club schools)
You put Ga tech on the list, with that you need to put Clemson, South Carolina, Texas, Vandy.

You mention SUNY, if the school has what your son wants go for it, at least take a visit. But be warned, the better D2/3 and even club teams these days expect a serious commitment - and these are without some of the benefits the D1s have.

VISIT AS MANY SCHOOLS AS YOU CAN. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise

I think the list was earnings potential after college. Babson is the highest starting salary after college for a business degree. Brown, UVA, and Michigan are great. GT is the MIT of the south, and if you're an engineer then you're set for life.

We talking starting salery or Mid Career. because as great as it is to start out high, I would think we are talking sustainable mid career stats

Ill continue to disagree on a few points especially Babson being above Michigan UVA (even in Business) Lehigh, RPI, Stevens Tech, and the likes of Suny maritime. Babson is yes, shutter the thought ranked over nescacs. (And this could be the difference of stem and business) but Babson is not a top 10 school like I beleive you are touting it. But does it matter when it is splitting hairs. but using my argument earlier. Having the chance and option to go to Babson or a bigger school TAKE THE BIGGER SCHOOL!!!!

You can always make a big school small. You can never make a small school big. As well, (sans tufts) the big schools have just as many graduates at the caliber of the the entire enrollment at some of those the nescacs. and yeah, these big schools also have as many graduates that would barley skirt by at the nescacs - but thats kinda like life. Like the academies, Nescacs take a special kid of kid. Better make sure thats a good fit for your kid. and if you are in the same tax bracket, you are paying close to full boat

and since we are talking about high achieving students, the 12.6 gets fuzzy. Take as much $$ as you can in academic dollars, if you have the stats $$ shouldn't could against the teams budget!

Now back to babson - it is a good school but not good enough to be getting this much ink here. If you are considering Babson, just check out all the schools in the area ( just like the earning list that included Babson here are some of them Bentley Boston College Holy Cross WPI why not stop at Bryant ).