Originally Posted by Anonymous
please don't get SUNY schools confused with these other schools. I speak firsthand as i trek into the city every AM regretting my decision to go to a SUNY. The SUNYs are great if you want to be an accountant, or go to a grad school... the other prestigious schools are the best path to banking, technology, trading, engineering or entrepreneurship. Plus from a location standpoint... each city is worse than the previous. Albany, Geneseo, Buffalo, Binghamton, Stony Brook.... geez, how depressing

I'm an EVP at a BD in NYC. We have had great results hiring from the top SUNY schools Binghamton, Geneseo and Stony Brook. The education is one thing, its what you do and are willing to sacrifice once you get in the door. Too many kids think because Daddy is rich and he attended an expensive school, he's on the golden path to success. We want kids who are hungry and smart--athletes from top SUNY schools usually fit the bill. We don't need the baggage of the entitled so please don't discount a SUNY education.