Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]a few topics i want to discuss

College coaches on the hot seat and the impact the carousel of coaches jumping has.

I think it is great the change from just a few years ago having the colleges wait until Junior year to recruit a player. Yes, a student should love the school so if the coach changes you still want to be at the school but the reality is, Lets say a school like Notre Dame. Byrne leaving for Havard is huge. Lets say a Duke/UVA/Yale recruit who didnt like Corrigan but loved Jerry would have most definitely considered Havard. Some will say the coaches just flip flopped, and I hear you but will agree to disagree.

NY schools

What has happened in Binghampton. Was the coach lucky in his first year with some really good transfers. Assit Coach jumping there is troubling. Being a top notch school why the heck hasnt NYS promoted this program. Am I the only one seeing this as a gold mine for some coach.

Canisius - does this school not appeal to LI kids.

Bonnies - welcome to the party

Colgate - could see a resurgence here, but take a cerytain student. ya really gotta like being away from everything

Cornell - Mighty mite. clear case where school means more than coach. Coach is good but a bit nepolianic rubbing poeple the wrong way.

Hobart - Hey guys put a few top contenders on your schedule -

'Cuse, losing a lot of recruits the past year, will there be a rebound, are some hot shot young players look up north. Love that staff but could things be heating up. Has Duke taken the kids you thought would have gone to 'Cuse. (Nope)

Siena - I see good things here

Albany - This is the perfect example of being a perfect fit both school and coach wise. Look at the coach and school if you fit this mold its perfect for you

Marist - Shocked it isnt any better nationally in lax. this is an amazing Campus.

Army - Thank you for your service!! Takes a special kid. unfortunately i dont see that in a few of their recruits and just have top shake my head.

Hofstra St Johns Manhattan and Wagner. I like McCutcheon from Momnmouth for Wagner. I am shocked why St Johns and Manhattan still havnt brought in real big name guys. St Johns, Manhattan and Hofstra do not have football but have hoops Lax could and should be a bigger focus. New Ad at Manhattan needs to pull the trigger and start the search. For a coach with a losing record should he

My middle son was recruited by Binghamton, coach gives off a weird vibe. Not sure how to describe it but neither of us felt comfortable. Also campus is oddly situated, main road separates it from everything else, you need to drive to go anywhere. Great school and value. I look at Binghamton and Geneseo and think both should be attractive for kids serious about school so easy sell for coaches. In fact, I expect the better SUNY schools to become powerful programs as college costs keep going up and SUNY looks so darn attractive. Marist is an amazing campus surrounded by.....unattractive neighborhoods stocked with not the choicest of people.

HOLY COW! My son ruled Bing out right away because of a "Vibe" he got from coach as well. Then the assist started leaving and that sealed it. Such a shame, would/could have been a good thing. I agree with you on Geneseo

The vibe is real. A few guys I coach with were talking about Geneseo as more kids are looking at it. One guy said he hopes they don't move to D1 like their hockey program, that would ruin the program. Right now its a great school with a program that looks ready to start making tournament appearances, don't force D1. Many kids are transferring from lower tier D1 to D3 because its pure drudgery and not for everyone. I think over the next 5 years more kids will choose D3 or D2 over lower tier D1.

My understanding is that a school can be D3 and have 1 D1 program. The minute they have 2 D1 programs, the entire school has to go D1 So I doubt that will happen

Johns Hopkins fields 24 varsity teams, 22 of which compete at the NCAA Division III level. The other two, men’s and women’s lacrosse, both compete in Division I.

I think the point was hopefully schools don't ruin the D3 experience just to play in D1. Look at the lower half of the D1 landscape. Unless they are giving you a monster scholarship, how much fun can someone have--is it worth it?

So true. If I was playing again, I'd go to Amherst and play for a championship at Gillette Stadium.

Have you gone through the process recently. You mention Amherst, if you have those grades you are not going to consider to a lower (Bottom) D1 program in the first place (sans maybe Lafayette and Dartmouth). If you mention Amherst grades and academics matter.

Stop spewing this, no you wouldn't. I know of a few kids smart enough not to compromise academics for sports. Not sure if I know many kids these days who really devalued academics for the lure of D1 sports. and D2? No way in heck! How many quality (Amherst level) academic institutions are there in D2? please list, id love to check them out