Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was that the 91 team who quit on a tournament because they got beat or the 91 team who doesn't compete in the big tournaments because they can't? You keep hanging your hat on the old holdback cheater routine. You are all alone up there on the island as far as the rules go nationally.

Crabs parent here. Let’s keep it real, as if that’s even remotely possible on this site. We were scheduled against Wolfpack in the NLF when 91 left. The tournament directors gave both teams the option of playing or not playing the game due to the heat. Same option they gave all teams in the lost bracket. Crabs coaches decided they wanted to play. Obviously 91 chose not to. Can’t say I blame them. Play a game in 95 degree heat that means nothing? For us, it would have been nice to get a shot at 91. For them, not much of a point to play the last game of the year with no shot at the T-shirt.

And that's fine except 91 kid/parent continues to scream at you Crabs parent about how bad your team is and what a cheater you are. You are being insulted and defending a team who quit because they didn't have a chance at the title and they tell everyone else how great they are and how bad you are. Come on.

Not affiliated with either team, but there have been plenty of teams at all grad levels that have bailed on lost bracket games in 95° heat. Sure you can call them quitters. But in a game that means nothing but a chest pound, at the rising 8th grade level, I’d rather not risk injury. lost brackets are the densest thing ever anyway.

Get the F out of here Wolfpup parent (for some reason your guys think you are smart) . Again, all other teams stayed and played, in all the years I have been taking my kids to summer tournaments I have never heard of teams leaving early. My kids have won and lost and we stay until the last game is over, we might be all packed up with the engine running but just out of respect, sportsmanship and just being decent, you stay and play through it.

AND AGAIN 75% of the teams there were in the lost brackets and they ALL stayed and played.