Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree totally! lets save 5k on a trip to Colorado and let the kids beat each other up locally, no need to fly halfway across the country to see the same game that can be played locally three or four times a year. As far as ESPN, the only people watching it on tv are family members of the kids playing in the tournament. lets do something differently on the east coast in a different state each year to grow the sport. ESPN isn't just in Denver. I'm sure the directors have a little creativity and can come up with a big end of year tournament that will make it fun for the kids and draw attention to their clubs. It's expensive enough in the current environment without the trip to Denver.

I am not going to Denver nor have I been. I heard the tourney is great, but it’s expensive for Li vs Li. Primetime did get to the final game and so did the Crabs in their lone appearance. But it’s all Northeast teams. I get growing is important, but it’s not the little league World Series, so stop trying to be. Move the event around the Country is one thought. I do love that it is u13 and philly, Maryland and Mass are no shows. #playonage