Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's fine if you have a good lax program in your school but if your have a poor program especially out on the east end then we rely a lot on travel! So it's like making a deal with the devil! All directors of travel clubs are liars, cheats and theives! But the worst one are the school coaches that hide behind that ( I'm your school coach johnny and I'll do the right thing for you and the team)!

No doubt that unless you either attend (usually by invite) to the most highly reputable individual showcases, that there is where you your child will get greater exposure. But at the same time, coaches all talk and have a pretty good consensus of the 'elite' players out there which is typically seen on the club market. Unless you play at a perennial power HS program like Garden City, those few players will then get seen at the County Finals, Long Island Championships & then States bc they are no longer attending regular season games....way more efficient for the coaches vs seeing 1-3 d1 prospects at a HS game.

Back to club, you don't have to play for Legacy, Express, etc to be seen - i know that 365 Lax has recruiting teams as does the Sting & Sweetlax 6and they offer the option to play in 1-4 invite only/highly reputable team showcases so you can play on a club team or not and can play it they invite/select you. But you have to be proactive and do indiv showcases/prospect days and not play on a school team IF you are looking to get recruited [at the D1 level] and i am pro town teams so they can build chemistry & cohesiveness for their upcoming season, just not for recruiting...too much disparity in merit and lack of wttending the 'top' team showcases.

Lastly, for those thinking these HS coaches being greedy doing their own team, they can make as much coaching as a lotnof these clubs offer HS coaches with good traction good salaries. At the end of the day, they are pproviding a service and hopefully do have the players best interest. And not all directors/owners are thieves - some over priced for sure snd hsbe 3+ teams at every age without bscking it with the appropriate staff but I've had experiences with a bunch and some really do care....do your homework & dont continue supporting the bad ones bc of the misconception you wont get recruited without them.

Hope this helps some out there. This is just my opinion based on my experience.