Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do you expect FLG is involved with UA selections ( talk about coaches bias). Coaches bias will always be a factor but the good college Coaches want to WIN and that is why they run there own recruiting showcases yes somewhat of a money grab. Find the Schools you like make sure you match up academically and play your heart out and let them know your interested with an email . Probably best times are summers after sophomore and junior years. If they like they will look you up and maybe you get an invite. Also to the comments about needing to play on best club teams, sounds like a CLUB leader sounding off trying to protect there money train . Best multi-sport athletes will almost always rise to the top. Playing multiple sports keeps you healthy and fresh. With regards to these Maverick and UA chosen teams if you have the money go for it. However, if you have not hit puberty or are just starting don't waste your time, size always gets the best looks.

Not even sure where to begin when responding to your gibberish. But here we go... Bias? Find me a tryout where there is not bias. Coaches and evaluators do not live in bubbles, they are out there in the lacrosse world and they know many of the players and "the top players" are known more so than average players. All college coaches want to win... (not just the good ones). Best time is: "summer after junior year" ? Really? If you do not understand that playing on one of the "best club teams" is important than you really have very little knowledge about player development or the recruiting process. "Best multi-sport athletes will always rise to the top", really? How about the "best athletes" will rise to the top. If the best athlete happens to play more than one sport then all the better. However, simply playing multiple sports does not make an athlete rise to the top. With regard to Maverik and UA , well you really have no clue. As far as size goes, it is one of many factors but it really is not that important in lacrosse. Now, if the player is small, slow, weak, not athletic and has poor lacrosse skills and low lacrosse IQ that is a different story. And with regard to "their money train" nobody is forcing you to play for a club team, If you do not want to pay to play then don't. Unless of course your son attends one of the High Schools that coerces their players into playing for their (for-profit) summer club team that is the real Money Train. Some would call that extortion.

Bottom line...LI UA has become a joke. Even more embarrassing is the players announcing last minute that they don't feel like coming, and even worse the woosies that left early because they knew they looked like garbage and tried to mitigate a bad evaluation. Newsflash: anyone can have a bad day/tourney, if I were a college coach, I would cross an entitled self absorbed kid off my list for deserting his team.

What club teams had players quit or not show up?