Originally Posted by Anonymous
LSM comes down to Northport & Bay Shore kids. They have had a much greater impact on the success of their respective teams without top level defenses & FOGO's compared to the others. While all the kids mentioned are talented, the Smithtown West & Melville kids would not be missed nearly as much. Take those kids away & those are still the top 2 teams & their records would be nearly identical. Not sure where Northport would finish, they pulled out a bunch of quality wins against the top 5 teams. Bay Shore would probably not make the playoffs. The HHHE player has great numbers (doesn't he also stay on for offense?) but the team really struggled & did not have any quality wins. While not his fault, that is tough to overcome.

I'm going to stay away from comparing kids playing a high school sport because it leads down a slippery slope and they're just kids having fun - I hope. Unless I understood the dynamics of every team, and knew their individual schemes, and watched every game played this year, I really have no basis for my opinions comparing the kids anyway. But I can confidently say that if you were to ask anyone you know from WM, they would have a different opinion about the impact their LSM has had, this year in particular. But we will see next year when they don't have him for the first time in 4 years. No reason to speculate, it will be obvious. I would venture to say that if you asked the opposing coaches, they wont be too sad to see him move on to the next phase either. All great players mentioned in your post and we will be watching them on Saturdays over the next few years I have no doubt. Good luck to all.