Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Maybe this is not the forum for this topic"

BINGO!

This is the exact topic for this forum. Where else should people show their distate for the actions of those on the FCA sideline? This kind of behavior goes on with a lot of other parents and coaches but FCA stands out because FCA stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Those in the organization should be the standard for good sportsmanship and not the symbol for bad youth sports behavior.

I thought FCA stood for Future Calvert Hall Athlete. Maybe I am confused

“Thou shall not steal”, unless you and your kids are on the board....then take whatever you want. The city has tons on money and the hospitals have no obligation to help the city residents.

To be honest, while the conflict of interest optics are disturbing, no one can make the leap you have without knowing the details involved. For all we know, the Company in question provided great services to the hospitals in question at a fair and competitive market price. If it comes out that the services awarded were priced at a high premium to market then I would agree with you but without that information your conclusions are premature and frankly hurtful. False accusations (see Duke lacrosse) can ruin folks. Let's hope the powers to be give a fair and balanced analysis of the bids awarded to date and the truth isn't obfuscated like it often is.... The Mayor is currently working hard to negotiate a no jail time deal in exchange for a quick resignation. If that happens, this will only confirm Baltimore's and for that matter Maryland's reputation as a "banana republic" state.

Yes, you are correct. Perhaps they Kelly’s recused themselves from any UMMS business decision regarding insurance.
Perhaps the decision was made by a committee that was blind to the names of the insurance companies and awards were based solely on merit.
Perhaps the Kellys provided the insurance at cost as any good Christian would to to heal the sick. As Mathew writes “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”