Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]

I have heard this rumor? Have not seen them play but are most of the girls from power suffolk schools? is it selfish play? Can someone shed some light? 8th grade is still young. i’m sure they will figure it out

While the above may be true, I believe the comments are in reference to the merger of Igloo 2023 and YJ 2023. both these teams were competitive with igloo getting the better of YJ most time in the past. There are now effectively 2 A teams in the YJ at this age as no tryouts were held to establish an A team ( i think this changes this fall as there will be a tryout)

The Igloo team is not the same team it was. Half of the girls left including some of their top girls. They will have a hard time competing this year butwith bargaining they got to keep a small roster anda coup of the better tournaments which Wright was sacrificed. It will change next year for sure and most of those girls will head to other clubs with the exception of a few who will go right to the top.

There is one A team that is Thorn. Igloo was placed in a bottom feeding bracket at Summer Genesis and isn't going to Lax for the Cure Wright is. Igloo is just trying to make it through the summer and Thorn will show them why they are the A team at Nationals

Like they did last year?? Nationals is a weak, waste of time event. Thorn is not a top team in this age group, sorry to break it to you! For that matter, neither is Igloo, or whatever they're calling themselves now.

There is too much politics and friends and family on that Thorne team. It has been for a long time and it has made a mess out of the 2023 YJ program. Half the team sees absolutely no playing time ...a great number of excellent players have left the team becuase of all the bs

Looking through 8th grade sats for those playing varsity, the only YJ players putting up any #s is the NorthShore Igloo girl. A few TG players are doing well too. Don't see any other clubs girls

are you really looking at 8th grade stats? Are there any girls actually seeing the field on varisity? most just be shivering on benches.....