Originally Posted by Anonymous
From Manhasset to Montauk... regardless of where you live I don’t see why you would not want to play here. After finally reading through the entire thread and also looking at the Colleges that this club feeds into I have made the decision to have my girls play here. However, I am unsure at which point I should move from my local club to YJ. what do you guys genuinely think? We have played with a local club from K- 5th grade. Should we make the move for 6th, 7th, or 8th grade? Definitely want them to get exposure to better competition and a more competitive environment before they get into HS. Appreciate any insight.

My daughter does not play for them but I would say middle school is a great time to move to a higher competition team with great exposure to college coaches. tryouts are usually in august-sept.
Good Luck I hope your daughters find a great team, with supportive, fun, nice girls and families and great competition.

Agreed, you should have selected a club by 5th-6th Grade and are hopefully either on the top team or working hard to get there. by 8th -9th grade the top teams will be set and will be near impossible to crack these lineups ( exemptions are made for extraordinary talent)

with the exception of the 2023's of course. This age group is 8th grade its still all over the place...hopefullymoving forward college coaches can see the forest through the trees... look past all the nonsense and see some great talent on all the teams....

2023 is a dumpster fire.

I have heard this rumor? Have not seen them play but are most of the girls from power suffolk schools? is it selfish play? Can someone shed some light? 8th grade is still young. i’m sure they will figure it out