Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by NJ_Laxer
Originally Posted by NJ_Laxer
What about SJ Shamrocks, not select? They have both a boys and girls program. Where would you rank them for each of their programs?

SJ Shamrocks were just added to the Lax Fed so there boys teams def. deserve to be in the conversation of a top tier club.

Lax Fed? Have you seen the clubs in Lax Fed? I think the opposite is true

Trying to make a generalized statement about NJ boys/girls clubs is ridiculous. STEPS definitely has the reputation on the girls side, but in no way does STEPS, Shamrocks, Patriot, etc. carry much weight on the boys side. When you look at who is playing in the upper tier boys national tournaments with success, you are mostly down to BBL, Leading Edge and Tri-State and perhaps Blue Star. Yes, there are other very good programs like Tribal, Patriot, Riot, NJLC etc., but they do not have the same level of prominence.

I agree that BBL is at the top of the food chain for the boys side followed by Patriot. Riot, NJLC, BlueStar, SJ Shamrocks and Tri-State all have solid programs but I just think BBL and Patriot are the perennial power boys programs.

Patriot boys are not good? Their '23 went 0-3 at Trilogy Veterans Day Classic and none of their other teams where in the finals and that was a bad event. The top programs do not even waste their time at that event.

Leading Edge Elite is running the best boys program for 8th - High School today. Hands down, they would beat BBL at every level.

Agreed, traditionally LE has been the most consistent top to bottom with their high school teams (8th grade is always a toss-up because that team will change come high school), BBL and Tri-State will put together some good teams, but will have gaps...the Patriot thing makes absolutely no sense, just compare the schedules, LE is playing NLF, and you will always see BBL and Tri-State at the national tournaments like Naptown and Adrenaline, they may not win, but they have skin in the game.