Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh the lengts some will go to in order to diminish any event, team, ranking, accolade etc...

Small minded twits who always try to elevate their daughters status by knocking whatever it is that their daughter didn't make.

Very rare to hear someone pay complement to anyone in this sport. From elementary school up to the Women's National Team the know nothing parents question every selection and accolade. Everything is always political, nothing is fair, none of the choices are correct.

Please do not pass your negative traits along to your daughter .

Agree 100%.

Begininning in elementary school certain parents actively try to tear down, belittle, diminish and ridicule any and all players, teams, events, awards etc... always in an effort to make their daughter look good or better than she is. When their daughter doesn't make the "A" Club Team it is always due to politics or something. We have all read it on here and had to listen to it on the sidelines and around town, they blame it on "the friends & family network" they blame it on the town they are from or are not from, the blame the coach, they blame the club director, they claim others pay for private lessons, you name it they blame it. As their children move into middle school and the early the and HS years it becomes even worse. When they start to tryout for select teams you hear the same complaints from the same parents. When their daughter doesn't make a team or is not brought up to varsity there is always an excuse and usually an attack on either a player or two, a coach, a club director or another parent. Forget about it.... when the recruiting starts these parent really go off the deep end. The excuses that come when other players are being recruited over their daughter are laughable. These parents can not and will not except the fact that their daughter is not as good as they think she is. There can be 20 coaches from top college programs on the sideline watching and when their daughter doesn't get any interest (but other players do) the excuses really begin to fly. Once again they blame the club coach and or director, they will say the other girls father knows someone, they will blame the Easter Bunny when they run out of excuses. As if it is not enough to make excuse after excuse they then go on the attack with regard to other players who are having more success then their daughter. Some try to mask their attacks in a passive aggressive manner others can not help themselves and they will just spit out their negative comments. Just ask one of these parents about another player and listen to their response. The funniest thing of it all is that these parents most of who never played a competitive sport in their lives always know better than the college coaches from places like North Carolina, Maryland and Northwestern. The bitterness and jealousy always comes out with these people and they go on the attack. In addition to attacking they also like to put their spin on everything and try to level things out or make it out that their daughters "situation" is the best. They equate all D1 schools and they want to believe that being recruited by top 10 schools is the same a being recruited by schools outside the top 20. If their daughter is going DIII they will go on about the academics and try do knock DI every chance they get. When a player commits to Maryland or North Carolina they bash they player "she will never see the field" "she will major in being a summer lacrosse coach". If another player goes to Florida or Notre Dame after a year or two you will hear the haters telling you "see I told you that she was not that good they are not in the final four". It is just never ending. The jealousy and bitterness never stops. These people are constantly trying to elevate their daughter by knocking other players, teams, events, etc... it is always "a joke" "a head scratcher" "political" "not fair" "she is not that good" "I don't see it" "friends and family".... Bla Bla Bla...

You name it they blame it.

I have a 2019 committed to a good not great academic school that most likely will not crack the Top 30 - 40 in the next five years. Not recruited by any of the Top 10-20 programs, No Under Armour Team, No IL Young Gun Ranking, No U19 just a decent player who loves to play.

Be happy if you have a healthy daughter who enjoys playing. Knocking others and or their accomplishments will never help your daughter.

I realize that not all of you are negative, bitter and jealous so I apologize to you for my rant. Just can't listen to the haters.

Yawn...........fell asleep half way through that😴

Yes, would have been much more productive and insightful if she had attacked a player or bashed a team or club or tried to discredit someone or something.

Guarantee the "Yawn" post was made by someone who wishes ill will upon others.

Gotta agree with Yawn. Honestly you people are pathetic. Both the parents that have kids who have made all the UA teams,Schoolgirls teams ,U19 etc and parents that have kids that have not are delusional. Honestly my kid was top 5 recruit and a very good player but if you don't think politics and luck did not have something to do with her accolades you are just naïve. Have no idea why but she was on all the to schools radar early and I have to believe all that becomes a bit of a snowball and gives these players an advantage in making the so called "all-star " teams. That said there were 5-6 other players on her travel team that received no where close to the attention that could have but did not. On the opposite side you have parents of kids that have no interest from top programs, never make any all star team while trying out for them all, are role players for their travel team but believe everyone is wrong about their kid are just as delusional. By the way many of these kids who get recruited by the to programs will never see the field in any meaningful way , its just a fact.

By your account everyone except you is pathetic and delusional yet here you are on this site thinking that you are better than the rest of the people posting. You are also one of the negative types who have to try and tear down the girls.

" By the way many of these kids who get recruited by the to programs will never see the field in any meaningful way , its just a fact."

Here is another fact, many of the girls recruited by the top programs will start and play every game and have incredible college careers. Some will become captains, some will earn All-Conference Honors, Some will earn All-America Honors, some will win The Tewaaraton Award, some will earn a spot on the US National Team. that is a fact.

This sport is toxic. Bitter jealous parents go on the attack every time a team is picked (club "A" team, varsity team, school girls team, UA team, US team etc..). They also go on the attack when the first commits in each class begin to commit. They come out of the woodwork just about every time accolades or write ups come out. Everyone knows there is some degree of politics but the haters would have us believe that it is "All Politics". It is a mantra that is used as they try and set the narrative in order to further their agenda. The narrative is "these teams, rankings, lists, accolades etc.. mean nothing". Their agenda is to elevate their daughters status by trying to tear down or diminish the accomplishments of others. Just as you felt the need to point out that many of the players going to top programs will never see the field. What was the purpose of your statement?

I do not post often but this is one of the topics that gets me going. It has nothing to do with where any of my children fall in the pecking order. It has everything to do with the negative and toxic vibe that has permeated this sport. I played a sport in college at a pretty high level, my wife was a competitive college athlete, all of our children boys and girls played / play multiple sports. Nothing comes close to this mess. I don't know why but it is cesspool.

Every time one of these debates / arguments comes up it is always started by a disgruntled parent. 100% of the time they come on here and attack the team, the coach, the process or whatever and IMHO it is always to diminish someone or something in order to try to elevate their daughter. Never do I see the parents of players who make these teams or receive accolades come on here and attack or belittle the players who do not make these teams or receive accolades.

I'm sure there are a few pot stirrers as well.

Some of us just cant stand the negative bitter BS even when it has nothing to do with our children.