Originally Posted by Anonymous
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!

I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.

From my understanding of the situation, you're wrong. The AD made the decision not to renew her contract and, thus, not present DG as a personnel choice for the next school year essentially "firing" her. This is a huge loss for Manhasset. To the folks from the class of 17 who started this because they wanted her out, the grass isn't always greener and is NOT for certain in this case. Manhasset's loss will be another community's gain.

While I agree about her talents and lax acumen, to assume that she could go to any school district and automatically win is way off base. In Publics, you are beholden to the student athletes you have in town--so in Manhasset or GC or CSH or a few other perenials, where there is a tremendous wealth of lax players, it makes her HS coaching job a bunch easier. put her in a district where they don't have the Set' farm system and results wouldn't be the same. She has had the best of every coach's dream--talent and supply.
But put her in a private/CHSAA school? With support from an AD? Where she could recruit kids to play there--she would have a build a dynasty. There are any # of Catholic schools that would take her--biz crap and baggage and all.