"I am willing to bet that this guy's daughter plays for a weak HS team as well as a weak club team. If she does play for one of the top club teams she is not one of their top midfielders.

Congratulations to your daughter on making Under Armour. I doubt this jokers kid is a UA All-American. More than likely she is an average player who scores a bunch of goals in her HS games and that has caused this guy to think that she is a special player. I am also willing to bet that his daughter did not receive a single offer from any of the top college programs. I am also pretty sure he is the type of guy who thinks having offers from UConn, UNH, Marist and HC is the same as having offers from UNC, Northwestern, Maryland and BC.

Not worth arguing with him. He thinks his daughter is the best and nothing will change his mind.

BTW, the best player / athlete on my daughters club team plays midfield but she is also the teams best defender and plays that position from time to time. The same player was recruited by just about all of the top programs and is committed to one of the best. She is not flashy and is not one of those go to goal types and some of the parents who do not understand the game think other players are better. It's funny, after last summer none of the college coaches thought any of the other players were better and it drove many of the parents crazy.

In general the majority of stronger athletes do play midfield for their HS teams but that does not mean that there are not many exceptions."

You people are pathetic. You spend much of your post speculating on my daughter which I find comical . You then go on to prove my point with your idiotic story about the best player on your daughters travel team ,a middie. Then your final sentence is exactly what I have been saying and you and your dopey friends have been arguing against , best athletes play middie. Whats even funnier is your smug attitude toward schools like Marist when your kid is not good enough to play midfield on her high school team. You make it way too easy.