Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Be specific, you talk mostly about accolades they received while still in HS. You talk about the 14 that played on the U-19 out of the 14 1 has been benched, one started to split time with a frosh, one definitely did not live up to expectations ( though her sister is exceeding expectation) 2 are starters on team that are on a down turn (one of which didn't even make tournament this year) and thats just off the top of my head. and just for giggles, the alternate won Tawaarton, a non traditional team won the tournament with non of your top 58, and the #1 team for most of the year didn't have any either. so maybe UA, Inside lacrosse and schoo lgirls is really just what people, a popularity contest"

You really are a dope, the Tewaaraton winner was an early recruit so it goes against your moronic argument, the national champs were led by several players that as freshman and sophomores by your standards would have been players that did not pan out and no one is saying there are not players who were recruited late that will successful in college.
Is english a second language for you? The T winner was an early recruit, yes , But that was not your "moronic" argument was it. Your "moronic" argument was the top 58 girls ( Why 58 is anyones guess but mine is that it means something to you) The T winner was not in your precious top 58, neither were any of the Tournament champs, or any girl on the team ranked #1 for most of the year. Now I may be a "dope" to you, but at least I can form a coherent sentence, and follow my own train of thought, both thing you seem to struggle with. I stand by my original statement, selection to UA, Nike, and School girls is mostly a popularity contest.

I am not the person that you are responding to but I will try to help out.

The 58 players from the HS graduation class of 2015 were the 44 Senior Under Armour All-Americans plus the 14 players selected to represent the United States on the U19 National Team. 44 + 14 = 58

Someone posted that only 5 of the top players from the class of 2015 actually panned out to be legit at the college level. The person then asked if someone could prove otherwise .

Someone answered by pointing out that out of the 58 players (who were considered the best in the class and were the early recruits to many of the top programs) only about 5 of the players "Did Not" pan out (starter / evey game player). The large majority of the 58 start and or play in every game for their team (most are at top 20 programs). Many have received post season honors. (All-Conference , All-American, Tewarraton Finalist / Winner)

It was also pointed out that the 2015 Inside Lacrosse Senior Top 30 ranking had 27 of the 30 selected to Under Armour Senior All-America Team or Team USA.

It was not brought up but I am willing to bet the majority of the 58 players discussed made their School Girls Team if they tried out.

To Summarize:

Top College Coaches, UA selection committee , School Girl evaluators, Team USA selection committee all appear to identify the same players as being the best.

The girls being discussed are major contributos at their respective schools. Few if any have left the sport.

The facts paint a very different picture than what is spewed on this site by the haters. These players were the top kids in the 8th and 9th grade and they are the top kids now.

Yes the facts most certainly do paint a very different picture than what some would like us all to believe.

BTW, the following is copied directly from the 2015 Under Armour All-America Program:

"This year, 14 girls of the class of 2015 were named Under Armour All-Americans but will be unable to participate in the game due to prior commitments to the U.S. Women’s Under-19 National Team. This group is still considered Under Armour All-Americans in the event’s records and will be acknowledged in a half-time ceremony during All-America weekend. The players are as follows: Sam Apuzzo, Natalie Bulgier, Olivia “Ya” Ferrucci, Samantha Giacolone, Jackie Gilbert, Miranda Ibello, Erin Kelly, Nikki Ortega, Hannah Proctor, Claire Quinn, Lindsey Ronbeck, Mallory Weisse, Francesca Whitehurst & Caroline Zapfino."

Here is a some additional proof that the haters and the nonsense that they spew is all BS:

19 of the 32 players Named to the All-ACC Teams were Under Armour Senior All-Americans. Those are the best players in the best conference in the country. Those players were Identified early by the best programs in the country and I am sure that most (if they tried out) made the School Girls and UA Underclass Teams. The best players do in fact pan out and they do continue to play all four years at the college level.

I am sure it is a similar story in the Big 10 and Ivy League as well.