Conference championships and power conferences are a great idea. Adding St. Anthony's and Chaminade into that isnt a bad idea, but not necessary. IMHO, if you do that their lax programs may steadily decrease. (bring on all the comments of the kids who would have went to the school anyway, Chaminade maybe!) I think it is only a bonus for the publics to play them. I also believe the top Publics should play at least one of them.

I think the biggest point of all of this is, you just dont bless teams solely on their history, but rather, rank them on what is in the pipeline for that coming year. The coaches and kids know who will be good or at least contenders.

Connetquot is a great example. They were real good the last 4 years one of the best in Suffolk A. not sure how the next two years will be.

One could say the same about Smithtown East, will they be good or will they be in the muck and in a dog fight for the 3rd spot and wind up in the ninth spot. They have talent all over but so does upstart Riverhead. Young Goalie with an experienced D returning. Good fogo with some offensive threats. How do you Pick SE over Riverhead? Then you have Bay Shore and West Islip (talk about history), both with great goalie play, returning impact defenders and various offensive weapons. Not sure how you can pick SE over any of those 3 teams. That is why you play the games

The only two i think you can bless as Power Conference teams in A will be Ward Melville and Smithtown West, but again that is because they have returning talent. That doesnt mean the rest of the division will be weak, I think it will be the closest race in years with the top 6 teams.