Originally Posted by Anonymous
I
So this year's senior class is one of the last of the super early recruiting classes. Share opinions of whether you think the college coaches who committed 9th graders 3 years ago got it right or wrong. I see several top seniors who were overlooked in 9th and 10th grade, but really peaked in 11th and 12th who are not going to top tier lacrosse schools. Certainly in some cases the top college teams got it right with the younger girls, but in my opinion it was pretty much 50% of the early commits had strong junior and senior campaigns and 50% have not quite panned out yet. What do other people think?

The coaches would be beyond thrilled if 50% of the recruits panned out, the real number tops out around 25-30% and sometimes it can be much less. How many times have you heard ND #1 recruiting class in the country or Florida top #3 recruiting class in the country and the have nothing to show for it.
This year ND put the weight of the team on a freshman, what happened to all the studs from the previous three classes? The were not as good as the coach thought they were! Coaches get it wrong at all levels of every sport more often than not, it's nothing more than a calculated guess and a numbers game. How many Heisman trophy winners have had exceptional NFL careers?

I think it’s an impossible subject to comment on as most do not want to post negative things about young women . To say 25-30 % at best pan out is ridiculous as no one really knows what these coaches expectations of these players really was nor what type scholarship they were receiving . I can tell you that of the players from my daughters travel team a greater number panned out than did not .

If there's 30-40 players on any given roster, 15 play meaningful minutes - that's just reality, no bias, nothing negative, just reality and numbers, around 50% (according to Bald Bear) will no longer be playing by senior year. If a coach recruits 8-10 kids they know the majority won't be impact players