Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There should be a power conference or tournament of champions to have a real state champion. take cham and ants, put them in; top 3 from each class nassau and suffolk. No one needs to travel off the island and play great games every week. It’s wasteful to have these schoools who are know for having terrible lacrosse continuing playing these top teams, it doesn’t help either of the sides. Opinions?

I dont think you need to put Cham and STA in a conference with Publics. Nassau has some flexibility to play OOC games but I do think the Suffolk A schools need to have more than a 2 game flex of OOC games. Out of 16 games make 6 OOC (2 Nassua, 1 cham/STA, 1 CT, 1 Suffolk B/C, 1 floater). Please tell me why you cant do that, what, you can make 10 competitive games in your conference. Probably would be the best thing for the conference and actually grow the game. Imagine that. That would be killer and foster a real national power conference.

You do know in Suffolk Power points dictate playoffs anyway. Maybe do a 6 in conference wins to make you eligible for playoff. Still make power points and ranks what selects the teams. and why the power points, so a PatMed/WFloyd/Lindy or Whitman do not get rewarded for a weak schedule.

As far a only 3 teams, I think that just proved that Suffolk is deeper and better than Nassau. Suffolk has 5+ that could should be included at any year. In A/B/C. I dont think pulling top 3 does anything. At any point who really was the top 3 in Suffolk A. Melville, SWest, Quott, HHHEast, WIslip. Same can be said in B/C. But at the end of the day these are kids on the field and anything is possible.

I will also say IMHO Suffolk is deeper and stronger as a collective whole.

Not In order
Garden City
Farmingdale
Manhasset
Pequa
Syo
Who is Suffolk top 5