Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are ridiculous. The girl that won MVP is without question the best 2020 in the country. You LI folks should be familiar with her as she is listed as YJ commit to Syracuse on their website. She moved to Florida a couple years ago. Why are you hating on a 16 year old girl? She also dominated at the UA Underclass last summer. Guess there’s no competition there either?

There was great competition at UA. It is by far the most competitive and prestigious select event there is. She may have dominated her team, but many other players dominated their team as well, and ultimately the

tournament MVP went to the most deserving girl on the winning team. I will say that schoolgirls is also a very prestigious event as well, made up of many/most of all the same girls who played UA, no surprise. It is funny how so many people cry politics on these select tryout events, yet it is many of the same girls selected from two completely different events with zero common connection. Anyway congrats to the kid for mvp, but I too, like the original poster was surprised by this selection.

They cry politics on everything. Recruiting , Club Team, School Girl, Under Armour you name it. Logic and reason are thrown out the windo as is reality.

My kid makes essentially all those teams and you are ignorant if you do not feel politics is involved in all these things . The school girls thing was ridiculous , it’s like giving the Tewaaraton to a player who plays in a weak division who never plays a decent team .

I guess that you must be connected.

Yes I am . That said it’s not only politics but it does certainly come into play and you must be ignorant .

So, politics is okay when it helps your daughter make a team but if politics plays a role in another player receiving an MVP award it is ridiculous?