Originally Posted by Anonymous
No body has been crying foul at the turtles. Now scorned parents are crying over a very talented team. For the record express did not put this team together it was handed too them. They would be foolish not to take this team. They went to mad lax and dismantled long standing deep programs of marylands best teams. I raise my hat to these KIDS not parents. These kids stay together the whole team signs to D-1 schools the high school coach can do nothing about it. Maybe Jonny should practice more

Sorry to say but you need to GET OFF THE CRAZY TRAIN NOW! You missed your stop a long time ago. With the explosion of the sport across the U.S. and Canada combined with the penalty of living in a populous state like New [lacrosse] where admissions offices are overwhelmed with NY applications, the chances of any Cuda kid sniffing a D1 lax field are about 1 or 2 out of 20. So, there is an 80-90% chance that your kid will fall far short of your unrealistic athletic goals for him. Will that make him a failure in your eyes? Hope not. I call this the ESPNU parent couch potato syndrome and it is really a disaster for our kids. Take a look at the current D1 rosters. Every year there are more and more kids filling those rosters from outside of the lax "hotbeds". And consider that the current LI D1 players went through the recruiting process in a much less competitive environment than what a 2016 kid will face. All of this will eventually lead to more pressure among the Cuda kids and sooner or later the parent backstabbing and bitching about unequal field time and exposure for each kid that will blow this team apart. All because of expectations like from this parent that every kid is one of "the chosen" and destined for D1. I've seen this many times before. Watch what happens when the kid of the parent who put this team together always seems to be a starter and mysterically gets more playing time than any other kid at his position. And, he's probably playing for free or a severly discounted rate. Seen that before too. Enjoy the fireworkds.

Do yourselves and your kids a favor - tone down the expectations and try to just enjoy the ride.