That's not true at all. Every college game has box score with stats which included faceoffs and saves.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by thegoaliesdad
I agree completely. My son's team got slammed today, but he still had a ton of saves as a goalie, somewhere in the 20 range. That was the number our book had. The winning team reports the score and the stats. They reported 8 saves. You won and as a coach you don't have the decency to give credit where it is due? I watched the game film and the 8 they reported he had a few minutes into the 2nd quarter. Pretty low.

this has been an ongoing problem for players. I know it is a team sport but kids are being recruited and if they are not on a Ward Melville or Garden city who is on TV and make it deep to playoffs then the only things coaches really see are the stats.

To give you an example. last year the scorekeeper didn't record 4 goals and 5 assists my son had. We said nothing. This year he was already not given credit for a goal in the first game. We didn't say anything last year but my son did say something to the coach. Ironically enough, a college coach who is interested in my son emailed him on his great game he had yesterday because of the stats he saw online.

With this mindset, stat guys...how do defensemen get recruited?

Really, do you see stats for college teams. they record ground balls and forced turnovers. those are all stats that colleges keep. Trust me they want to know how many turnovers you caused and how many ground balls you picked up.