Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by thegoaliesdad
The original question wasn't necessarily stated for the girls game, actually the boys but in the end it doesn't really matter. Still doesn't make much sense when i read the comments from the writer. I understand when you have a kid from Chaminade committed to Duke on there, but at the same position he has a kid going to a local D3 Long Island school. He referenced the kid's numbers and i know of a dozen kids with better numbers who also made a larger impact on there teams, had county recognition and are returning starters and all. Just doesn't make sense how the put these things together.

the fact is that once you get outside the top 20 or so all the girls are pretty much the same. Same when you watch the college game. It's very balanced

That's just a ridiculous statement .So you think so called # 18 is that much better than #21 who is equal to # 221. Yeah that makes sense.

Newsday is a joke, any list they put out is a joke and the "county recognitions" is a joke as well. There are really good kids on really good teams who are going to go play high level college lacrosse who are not on these lists. For the most part every town (high school) gets someone on a list "players to watch" "top 100" "all county" etc... There are players from schools like Chaminade, Garden City, Manhasset, Ward Melville, St Anthony's who do not make these list and they are stronger than many that do make the "everybody gets a trophy" lists. It is nice for the kids that make the list but it stinks for the kids that don't.

In the end, the lists are meaningless.

If you really want an Indication of where your child stands just take a look at the schools that made offers to him or her.

Good luck with that one.

Have you ever listened to a delusional parent talk about the recruiting process? Oh the excuses as to why his or her daughter did not receive any offers from top programs. They go on about how their daughter is better than the players the coach is recruiting. Far fetched delusional reasons . These people are nuts. When their kid finally gets an offer they will go on about all of the other top programs that recruited her (when she had no offers from top programs). Sometimes I just want to laugh out loud and say... Really? Please help me to understand this... your daughter had offers from schools like Northwestern, North Carolina, Maryland, Duke, Virginia, Loyola, Boston College, Penn, Princeton, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Penn State, Florida USC, Stanford... but she choose XYZ University .

Good for all of the girls who play and who want to play at the next level. I have one going to a program that will at best be average and will not make the Tourny any time soon. We are very happy but never do I compare with the players recruited by the top 10 - 15 programs. Those are the schools that get the large majority of top players every year. Add Stony Brook to that list but not everyone willing to stay on the island.

Excuse after excuse and then always trying to elevate the status of the program the daughter is going to.

Newsday does not help the situation . Girls padding stats vs weak competition . A lot of girls scored more goals in a HS season than Kerrigan Miller did... Crazy parents do not get it. They believe newsday matters, they believe if you are going DI you are a stud.