If your child plays for one of the stronger "A" teams "Yellow Jackets, Top Guns, Liberty" or on the boys side '91, Express, etc.." Playing on their JHS / Middle School team will be a step back. Some would call it a waste of time.

Compare the coaching, how many 7th/8th grade school teams have a coach who can compare to Carol Rose, Danielle Gallagher or Shannon Smith? Also, how many of the 30 or so girls on a school team can earn a spot on one of the top club teams?

I would think the same is true on the boys side. Coaching and caliber of player is going to be significantly better on the top club teams.

Im not sure their is any benefit for the stronger player to play school ball in JHS.

I don't know that I would call it a total waste but in terms of "Player Development" it is not the best use of the players time.

My kids will be playing for their JHS Team even though I do not believe it is the best way to help improve their game.

Translation: "it is OK to want to win... Just not OK to want to win at all costs"

However, if one of my children ask to play only for their Club Team I would strongly consider that option.