Originally Posted by Anonymous
When I was 22, I laughed at anybody that was thinking about teaching as a career

When I was 32 I was making twice as much money as a teacher and laughing at them

When I was 42 I was making 4 times what a teacher was making but working 80 hours a week and missing my kids growing up

When I was 52 I was making about the same as teacher half my age, but I was still working twice as hard

I am 62 and wish I had gone into teaching, I am making less money than when I was 32, I am no where near retiring and i will probably die at my desk.

nice pay, nice benefits, holidays, vacations and summers off with your kids - congrats on a good career choice.

Duh - the 180 "contact days" ARE AFTER school vacations vacations and holidays - they actually have to work those 180 contract days! Again, you're not too bright!

Finally jacka$$- you got it...180 days of work for full years pay. Avg amount of work days/month (10 month school year)-18. And since you probably a HS PE teacher 4 hours work/day. See ya. Have a great day teaching duck-duck-goose